- Give your Render Machine a unique name.
- Install your version of AE on the remote machine(s). Follow the on-screen instructions for installing After Effects, and select Render Engine when you are prompted for the type of setup you prefer.
- Verify it was correctly installed.
- Run the program normally as if you were to create a new project.
- check if it's a trial or not activated copy
- If it's a trial, the key was not properly entered.
- If it's not activated, you're all good. (DO NOT ACTIVATE!!!)
- Install all 3rd party plugins for your render farm.
- Some plugin keys will not work with a render farm, so search on the companies website for information on how to obtain render farm keys.
- you may need to contact the company to obtain render farm keys.
- Install all Compression Codecs
- Install all fonts
- Create a RenderFarm shortcut of AE on the desktop so it can be run easily.
Setting up Your Farm MachineEdit
- Start the Render Farm's After Effects
- File->Watch Folder
- Navigate and select a network folder which both project machine and render machine can have access to.
- You can use a local folder on either machine, but the folder must be mapped as a drive to both machines. (ex. Both machines must have the folder mapped as X: drive)
- Make sure this path has no spaces or special characters _underscores_ and -dashes- are okay. This will prevent a lot of errors. I would use X:\RenderFarm\
- Map your Project Drive ( ex. P: ) so that both your project machine and render farms can locate your assets using the same path.
- Also see Using a Render Farm